Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sedona -Day 6


Today was another great day amongst the red rocks! My white shoes are turning red...

Class was filled with more "unwinding" people writhing, moaning & screaming. We're kinda getting used to it now-haha! Lyn & I think we had a very fortunate life, that we haven't lived through much trauma. Thank God!
We learned a rebounding technique of rocking the body, did some excercises on a sacral wedge (bought those for some clients to try!), a lumbar release & then did a 3 person hands-on release. I hope we learn more stuff tomorrow for the neck,shoulders & head.

After class, Lyn & I headed to a McD's to get a quick bite to eat in the car on our way to see Cathedral Rock & go to the Red Rock State Park. It was a nice drive & incredible views! Cathedral Rock is the formation you see on anything related to Sedona, kind of like the town mascot.
Then we drove to Bell Rock which is another vortex site. That was a long walk but incredibly beautiful! We were there about 2 hours walking all around the rocks & having great conversation. Lyn posed over a prickly pear cactus while I took her picture. As soon as she walked away she felt pricklies in her behind! I couldn't help but double over in laughter as she's pulling cactus spines out of her butt! a woman came along & said they have a "magnetic" effect cuz Lyn wasn't touching the plant. Guess she has a magnifying behind! Ü (sorry Lyn! it was funny!)

Then we met up w/ some classmates at the Cowboy Club uptown. It was recommended by my tour guide & he said they even have cactus fries! It was so much fun. Armand was there, Sarah & Steve, Allison & John-all from NJ & Armand is from Chicago. I had some cactus fries (which were great!), Lyn & I shared flatbread w/ a tomato cheese spread & I got chicken & green chili mac & cheese. Everything was so good! Authentic cowboy grub~

So we settled the bill, now we have to pack up cuz we have to be out of here before class in the AM. After class tomorrow, we're going on a Pink Jeep tour for 4 hours! We'll be in a 4x4 Jeep & seeing some ancient cliff dwellings. Cool!
Then a 2 hour treck down to Phoenix & a long ride home. I'm not too excited to come home just yet. But I'm anxious to see my baby Eshe!
Jes

No comments: