Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3 in Sedona


I was supposed to start the day at 8am w/ a Pink Jeep tour to the ancient petroglyphs. They called me last night & said I was the only person signed up for that tour & they wouldn't go out for little old me. Poop on them!

So I got up early & went up to the Airport Mesa vortex for sunrise. I know! Check me out getting up for that,haha. I took my frame drum with me to play in a serene spot. Got there around 730am but the sun didn't rise up over the red rock til about 8am. It was awesome!! Cold though! Met a few people up there~

830am I headed to Uptown to do the Trolley tour. They offer 2 one hour trips that take you all around to see the highlights. Guess what? It was just me again! BUT-the guy took me out by myself! It was awesome -i had my own private Sedona tour!
We went to West Sedona first & I saw some cool rock formations & he told me where I can go myself to see petroglyphs. Cool! Saw Boynton Canyon where there is another vortex site there so I knew where to go. The next tour took me south to the Chapel of the Holy Cross. That is so outstanding-you have to look it up on the net to see a pic. I'll post one when I get home.

Back in town after the trolley, I shopped all around.Fun! Got a bunch of cool stuff & noted some things to come back for later.
I found out the petroglyph site-Palatki closes at 3pm & I got to the visitor center at 2pm to make a reservation. He said I better call first. SO I did & they said I better hurry. I could see the petroglyphs but I wouldn't have time to see the ancient cliff dwellings. Bummer.
That's when I got my speeding ticket-so it hung me up even later! ARG!

As I got closer, it turned into a red dirt road for several miles.Dusty!! I got there in the nick of time & was able to walk up to the site. It wasn't exactly what I expected but it was cool. They didn't have many. At the visitor center, the guy told me about another site that has the most ever. Hopefully I can catch that another time with Lyn.

Then I stopped at the Boynton canyon trail before it got dark. They had very nice groomed trails for hiking there. I went to the vortex site, basked in the sun & played my drum a little. It's so beautiful! On my way on the trail, I saw some movement... a mule deer! How cute! Of course I had my camera ready. Then I spotted another one, then another one, and another! There were 8!!! So close to... they must be used to people walking on the trails. They crossed right in front of me. So cool!

Had some gourmet pizza on the way back-fabulous!
Now I'm waiting for Lyn. She'll be here in about an hour-yahoo! Can't wait!

Seminar starts tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it!
Jes

No comments: