Followers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 7 & Pink Jeep


Today was the last day of class 9-12pm. We learned some head & neck releases which I can't wait to try out on some people, especially mom! We also did some "self-unwinding" which felt really good, then a wonderful, cathartic meditation. It was cleansing & healing. What a wonderful conclusion to an enlightening class! I told John that I have a feeling he'll be seeing me again sometime (for more training).

Lyn & I were anxious to make the most of our last day before we had to head back to the airport. We had a red-eye at 12:15am so we had to leave the Sedona area around 8pm to get back to the airport.
Our Pink Jeep tour was scheduled 2-6pm so we went into town to get some souveniers. We ran out of time to eat lunch so I grabbed a muffin to hold us over til after the tour. Then we'd have a good supper before hitting the road.

We got to the Pink Jeep office & met our guide, Mike. He looked like an official Sedona guide w/ jeans, white long sleeve shirt, tan leather vest & cowboy hat. We picked up 1 woman at a hotel & off we went! We signed up for a combo tour, "Ancient Ruins & Diamond Back Gulch". I didn't know exactly what that meant but I was excited to see anything in a 4x4 huge Jeep in Sedona!
We headed out towards Boynton Canyon & the Palatki ruins. Instead of going where I went though, he took a turn off the main dirt road onto an obscure, extremely rocky path that he claimed WAS a road. Technically, we were 'off road' where only 4x4 & ATVs are allowed. That's when the real ride began. We lurched, bounced & sometimes flew up out of our seats for miles! It was so much fun. Then we get to an area where he swung around so the side of the Jeep was along this deep, steep hill FULL of huge rocks. WHOA. Then he says something about going a different way, guns it, spins us around in a circle & GOES DOWN THE CRAZY ASS HILL!!!! All 3 of us shrieked, screamed & pretty much tried not to mess our pants as we held on for dear life & thanked God for seatbelts! Really, it was hysterical & exhilarating!
But then we had to go UP the crazy ass hill! Oh, this is too much fun now! I put my camera on video mode & shot our trip up the hill. I'm telling you, it was better than a roller coaster! I giggled like a kid the whole way.Too funny!! I think Mike was getting a real kick out of us squealing & flying out of our seats.

We then rode to the Honanki Ruins to see cliff dwellings & pictographs (paintings on the walls, not carvings). Mike gave us a good education as we walked around the cliff looking at the ruins & seeing all the cool designs. At this point, it was freezing & really windy. This Jeep had no windows-it was all open so thank goodness I had my fuzzy headband & 2 layer jacket! Then we went back to town.

Lyn asked me what was the best part of my trip & I blurted out, "the Pink Jeep!". I guessed we saved the best for last! I'm so glad we went. That sure was a riot & SO much fun!

For our last meal, we went to The Barking Frog, which is a super popular place. It had a neat atmosphere & incredible menu-plus a fireplace! We ate some fabulous tortilla chips w/ cheese dip, homemade guacamole & cactus salsa & I got scallops that were divine. What a super day! A great end to a great week.
Jes

No comments: