Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Special Shape Balloons - last day


I got up at 4:30am to get ready to head out with Susan to the Balloon Fiesta. The Special Shape event was scheduled Thursday morning. I picked a flight that left at 11:25am on purpose so I could see this before I had to leave.
We got right there with no traffic problems at all. It was still pitch dark but 100's of people were there already milling about, drinking coffee, eating & finding a place in the field to camp out & wait for the balloons to go up. It was a little windy so I was nervous. I hope they wouldn't cancel it!
Susan & I got some chai & chatted for a while. Luckily it was a go BUT the balloons were tethered-not flying. I was ok with that! I was just so happy to see them! Just like on Sunday, it was such a thrill to see an entire field of hot air balloons being blown up! All different, wacky shapes! We walked around for a good hour taking pictures. There were things like a panda, cow, pig, beer bottle, mushroom, pirate, owl, jester, sun-all kinds of stuff!!
Then it started to get more windy & the announcer came on & said they were taking them down. So all the balloons started to deflate so quickly! I'm glad I got to see as much as I did though. It was fabulous! Especially to see them all up close since they were tethered.
I got to go back to the arts & crafts tent & blew some more money on things I had my eye on the other day. It might have been a good thing I was leaving today so I woulnd't spend any more money!haha

So by 9:30am, we were off to the airport. The week went by incredibly fast! I can't believe it was time to go home already. I had such a good time with Susan & George. I really appreciate their hospitality while I was there with them. It was awesome meeting Leo (their new Berner) too! He's such a cutie pie, I love to love him!
I love New Mexico & the atmosphere there. It's a great place to visit & I hope to be back soon! Maybe for a Pow Wow next~
Thank you Susan & George for an awesome trip!!

No comments: