Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Albuquerque, NM


I'm off again!
I took to the clouds once again today to visit my friends, Susan & George, and also see the infamous Hot Air Balloon Festival!
I've been dying to see this for the past 4 years & something has come up every time, the exact same week to prevent me from coming. Finally, this year it all worked out.

I had, as Susan called it, a very squirrely flight to get here! I flew out of Allentown (which Dad -aka "chauffer"-was relieved for) to Charlotte, then Denver, THEN Albuquerque. Thankfully the connections were all very short & smooth. No problems! I always thank the Lord above for the opportunity to travel to an exciting place, say a "please keep me safe" prayer & leave it in His hands. Sometimes I don't understand why people get so nervous to fly. A great quote I saw on a church sign read, "Worry ends where faith begins". I guess I have an eternal full well of faith built up cuz I just don't worry much about anything. =no stress!
Well, maybe the only thing I worry about when I fly is if I'll need to use the barf bag upon descending for my motion sickness. I had very smooth landings this time but the descents were making me woozy!

Susan greeted me at the airport. It's so good to be back from 5 years ago! We talked nonstop in the car, catching up on the changes to the area & their house & our schedule of events for the week. We made a little detour to Jackalope-a super cool, eclectic shop, where I found some bead findings & coffee for Mom & Dad.

Back at the house Leo greeted me right at the car! Leo is their gorgeous, adorable Bernese Mountain Dog. I instantly became a new "Aunt"! George helped me with my suitcase & we all got to catch up as they gave me a tour of the NEW additions to the house!

It's just 10pm here but it feels like midnight to me so exhaustion is setting in. 5am will come around quickly! I'm super excited to see the Mass Ascention tomorrow morning! Can't wait for the photo ops all week!
Jes

No comments: