Followers

Monday, March 3, 2008

Peace, Serenity & Zanzibar beaches...

Before I begin-
I have been trying to get on my email since last night w/ NO luck!!!! It keeps saying the page cannot be displayed. Sooo, Missy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!LOVE YOU LOTS!! Joe- miss you,miss you, miss you!!! I may go into town later & stop at an internet cafe instead of here at Home Base & see if I have any luck there. Sorry!

Saturday after the spice tour & lunch, we headed up north on Zanzibar (an hour) to Kendwa. Our roomie, Karen, had stayed there & recommended it. Let me tell you- it was phenominal!!! I said even better than Hawaii!!! Now, it's been 10 years since I've been there, so I'll have to go back soon to compare...Ü Who wants to join me?

No words can describe the color of the ocean there (Indian Ocean). I'm sure I can't do it justice. It was the most magnificent color of turquoise you can imagine. In fact, there were variated shades of blues & turquoise at any time. Depending on the sun I guess. The beach was SO quiet- like a private beach all our own. Nobody had towels on the sand. There were a few cots under thatched roof umbrella tables. Some people were walking along the beach. Other than that, there were not many people, it was so peaceful & quiet! I slept for almost an hour & a half in a hammock between 2 palm trees- aaahhhhhh......much needed.

I ate more shrimp, collected loads of awesome seashells & coral (wait til you see!) & lounged some more. What a weekend.

They even had a massage tent on the beach! I never had a massage on the beach before. The prices were unbelievably CHEAP. So Saturday I got an Indian Head Massage. Lots of you know what that is & how it feels, if you don't talk to me when I get back,heehee. This was NO Indian Head Massage. It was the WORST thing I ever let happen to my head. All she did for 50 minutes (she jipped me 10 minutes too) was MASH my hair around in a huge configuration of matted KNOTS!! It was so terrible. I had the worst time trying to get the knots out later.
I did decide to give her a 2nd chance Sunday morning & try a basic Swedish massage. It's hard to mess that up. She did a fairly good job but still jipped me 10 minutes! I pointed to my watch & said "too short!". She said nooooo. Again I said, "Yes, one hour- too short", again she said noooo. WHATEVER- it was only $15!!!!haha

So we had an awesome, relaxing time in Kendwa. The pictures are gorgeous. I wish I could bottle that color of the ocean! Now if only the Jersey beaches were as beautiful & peaceful.....

love you,
Jes

1 comment:

xdogladyx said...

Hi Jes, Sleeping under palm trees. Sounds like my kind of vacation. Love, Jane